Erin E. Atkins
Erin also provides her clients with fraud and abuse counseling under the federal Anti-Kickback Statute. In addition, Erin’s practice extends to counseling on Medicare Part D matters, advising clients with respect to compliance program operations, and representing her clients in contract negotiations.
Erin’s clients include health care providers (including long term care providers and pharmacies), brand and generic pharmaceutical manufacturers, medical device manufacturers, and independent patient assistance charities. Her recent work has included:
- Drafting and negotiating rebate agreements for both brand and generic pharmaceutical companies.
- Drafting and negotiating distribution agreements for a large pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Drafting and negotiating GPO agreements for a large pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Reviewing and revising policies and procedures related to government price reporting.
- Drafting and negotiating discount and services agreements with specialty pharmacies on behalf of a large pharmaceutical manufacturer.
- Providing regulatory support and guidance during internal investigations related to an entity’s compliance with their OIG Advisory Opinion.
- Drafting comments to proposed rules and regulations impacting participants in the pharmaceutical industry.
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Erin was an associate at several international law firms, where she practiced in health care and life sciences. Prior to her career as a health care attorney, Erin’s practice was focused on capital markets, commercial real estate, and global finance.
Erin is a member of the American Health Lawyers Association, and the Health Law Sections of both the District of Columbia Bar Association and the North Carolina Bar Association. Erin is also a member of the National Association of Women Lawyers.
Publications, Presentations & Recognitions
Erin frequently contributes to the Arent Fox health care blog, Health Care Counsel, on regulatory developments and fraud and abuse issues germane to the pharmaceutical industry. Erin's independently published articles include:
- "Cleaning House: CMS Proposes Sweeping Reform of Requirements for Long Term Care Facilities," California Healthcare News; October 2, 2015
Erin's presentations include:
- Presenter, "Redefine Relationships between Manufacturers and 501(c)3 Foundations," CBI's PAP Legal Update; September 25, 2018 (Arlington, VA)
- Moderator, "Implications of State Drug Pricing Transparency Laws on Policy,” 2nd Annual Drug Pricing Transparency Congress; March 22, 2018 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Panelist, "Legal and Compliance Considerations for Patient Assistance Programs," 19th Annual Patient Assistance and Access Programs (PAP 2018); March 6, 2018 (Baltimore, MD)
- Co-Presenter, "Mitigate Risk in Patient Engagement and Support Programs through Proactive Monitoring," 6th Annual Compliance Monitoring 2018 Conference; February 27, 2018 (Philadelphia, PA)
- Co-Presenter, “340B Guidance Implications and Intersection with Medicaid Managed Care”, Medicaid Drug Rebate Program Conference; September 21, 2016 (Chicago, IL)
- Moderator, "Year in Review – Manufacturer Perspectives on Implementing Change and Continuous Improvement within the 340B Program," CBI 340B Manufacturer Summit; August 19, 2016 (Washington, DC)
- Co-Presenter, "Long-Term Care Fundamentals," American Bar Association; August 20, 2015 (Webinar)