Friederike S. Görgens
Her practice focuses on trade remedy actions, including antidumping and countervailing duty matters before the US Department of Commerce and the US International Trade Commission, as well as advising clients on import and export compliance and global trade strategies.
Friederike has significant experience in both import and export compliance as well as trade remedies:
Import and Export Compliance:
- Advised companies on their import and export structure, identified risks and areas for improvement, and assisted in developing global trade compliance programs.
- Assisted companies in implementing and testing First Sale for Export duty saving programs and advised on facilitating new supply chain structures.
- Assisted companies in conducting US Customs and Border Protection’s (CBP) Importer-Self-Assessments.
- Analyzed Importer Trade Activity (ITRAC) data and recommended duty saving opportunities.
- Conducted import and export risk analysis for multiple merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Advised companies on navigating antidumping and countervailing duty risks and global product sourcing options.
- Assisted companies in preparing for CBP focused assessment audits involving complex international trade and customs issues such as customs valuation and related party pricing, and developed import and export compliance procedures.
- Assisted clients in compliance with customs valuation, tariff classification, and voluntary trade programs.
- Assisted companies with identifying Free Trade Agreement opportunities and ensuring compliance.
- Assisted companies with navigating sanctions, screening and license requirements.
- Assisted companies in resolving OFAC, EAR, and ITAR issues.
- Trade remedy proceedings before the US International Trade Commission, U.S Department of Commerce, US Court of International Trade, US Court of Appeals for the Federal Circuit
- Dispute settlement panels at the World Trade Organization (WTO).
Prior to joining Arent Fox, Friederike worked as a senior associate in KPMG’s International Trade & Customs practice where she analyzed global trade operations to identify cost savings opportunities and enhanced supply chain efficiency. Previously, she was an associate at a boutique international trade law firm in Washington, DC, focusing on trade remedy actions and import and export matters.
Bar & Court Admissions
- New York Bar
- Massachusetts Bar
- District of Columbia Bar
Hofstra University School of LawJD2013Trinity CollegeBA2010