Steven S. Broadley
Steven is a member of the Complex Litigation group. He practices in general litigation, representing businesses and individuals in contractual disputes, tax abatement issues, landlord-tenant disputes, and other business litigation matters. His practice also includes defense of general liability cases, defense of debt collectors, and defense of attorneys and other professionals who are the subject of professional liability claims. Steven was previously an attorney at Posternak Blankstein & Lund LLP.
- Successfully defended attorneys and other professionals.
- Pursue general contract claims arising from real estate and other business relationships.
- Advises clients regularly on the choices between litigation and other ways to resolve business and personal disputes, and on negotiating transactions to minimize future disputes.
- Works with numerous clients on securing or recovering receivables.
- Successfully defended fraud claims between family members and business associates.
- Litigates landlord-tenant and general land use disputes.
- Defends debt collectors against accusations of federal statutory violations, and in regulatory matters.
- Advise clients on revisions of contract language to minimize future disputes.
Memberships & Boards
- Association of Credit and Collection Professionals (ACA) International
- Boston Bar Association
- Massachusetts Bar Association
- Melrose Zoning Board of Appeals, Past chairman and member
- Melrose Conservation Commission, Past member
Bar & Court Admissions
- Massachusetts Bar
- US District Court, District of Massachusetts
- US Court of Appeals, 1st Circuit
- US Bankruptcy Court, District of Massachusetts
Yale UniversityBA,1970Southern Connecticut State CollegeMS,1975Northeastern University School of LawJD,1983