Product-Related Litigation & Counseling
Our litigators work closely with domestic and international clients to counsel, strategize, and manage their product portfolios to ensure that they have the proper internal procedures in place to minimize risks associated with the sale of products in the US market. As part of our service, we work closely with lawyers in our Food & Drug, Automotive, Environmental, and Consumer Product Safety practices to provide integrated solutions.
Attorneys in the group advise clients on the scientific and technical aspects of consumer product safety, including California Proposition 65 suits, potential recalls, and ingredient or component toxicity. We regularly counsel and defend clients in Proposition 65 cases against claims of alleged failure to warn California consumers that they are being exposed to products containing chemicals alleged by the State of California to cause cancer and/or reproductive harm.
What We Do
- Counsel manufacturers/sellers of various consumer products regarding product recall, warning label, and litigation planning issues.
- Defend manufacturers against allegations of toxic exposure.
- Defend employers against employees alleging personal injuries due to the presence of toxic mold.
- Defend clothing retailers and accessories in California Proposition 65 lawsuits involving alleged exposure to lead.
- Defend building owners and manufacturers in actions involving claims of personal injury from exposure to asbestos.
- Defend manufacturers and retailers of cosmetics and other personal care products in California Proposition 65 lawsuits involving alleged exposure to a number of chemicals.
- Defend motorcycle makers in litigation involving catastrophic injuries.
- Represent consumer products companies, drug and vaccine manufacturers, and medical device manufacturers and suppliers in disputes with federal and state governments and private attorneys general against allegations of fraud and improper pricing and advertising.
- Defend food manufacturers against claimed violation of the California Legal Remedies Act for false and misleading product labeling.